Sherbet Land (MK64)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rocket boost, while holding right. Hop to the right to turn faster, and untilt.
- Start a left-facing slide. The sooner you start it the better, but the important thing is to aim it perfectly.
- Release the MT just before the gap, and hop over as much of the gap as possible.
- Common mistake: MTing around this gap, instead of hopping over it.
- After landing, untilt, drive straight a little, and then do a left-facing SSMT in the open area.
- Slower strat: If you have trouble with the SSMT, then do a left-facing SSMT immediately after landing.
- Aim just to the left of the mountain ahead. Try to come close to the gap on the left as you pass (but not so close that you have to hop over it).
- If you're far away from the gap on the left, it means you're angled too far to the left (it's not slower, just harder). If this happens, you'll need to begin your next slide SSMT-style, which is harder to aim properly.
- [flap shroom #1] As you pass the corner of the mountain, begin an MT. Charge the MT, hold left, release the MT, and hop over as much of the gap as possible. If you're a slow MTer, you may need to start the MT earlier to get a good gap-jump.
- As soon as you land, immediately do a left-facing MT.
- Do 4 evenly spaced SSMTs:
- Start a right-facing SSMT just before passing the gap corner to your left.
- Start a left-facing SSMT just after passing the mountain to your right (so that you release it just before passing the next gap corner).
- Start a left-facing SSMT shortly before the next gap corner (you should be a little more than half done charging the MT as you pass it).
- Start a right-facing SSMT shortly after entering the cave. Release the SSMT and aim for the corner.
- Common mistake: Starting this SSMT (as well as the next MT) too late. You want to have enough time to straighten out and untilt before starting the next MT. Otherwise you'll have to jump immediately into the next MT, which makes it harder to aim.
- Start a left-facing MT. You want to come close to the corner during the slide, and then release the MT between the 2 corners (closer to the first corner) and aim for the second corner.
- Turn left as you pass the corner and start another slide, aiming for the next corner.
- [flap shroom #2] Shroom as you pass the corner, and slide tightly around the rest of the turn. Watch out for the penguin. Depending on your pace, you may need to go around it.
- Release the MT and start turning left as soon as possible around the corner at the end of the turn. Aim for the next corner.
- Start a right-facing MT, and come close to the corner during the slide. Release the MT just before the second corner.
- Depending on where you are exactly, either immediately start turning right, or untilt partially for a brief moment, and then turn right.
- Alternate strat (same speed): Instead of partially untilting, you can also double-hop (only push the stick slightly to the right during the first hop). Do whichever strat you find makes it easier to stay tight.
- [flap shroom #3] As you pass the second corner, start another MT around the next corner, and aim for the corner after that (you should now be driving on the short straight where the wall is farther to the right). Turn right as you pass the corner, MT again out of the cave, and aim for the next corner.
- Start a right-facing SSMT just before reaching the corner. Release it and aim a little to the right of the gap corner (or aim at the left side of the darkest section of the mountain wall ahead).
- Charge up an MT and hold left shortly before reaching the gap. Then release the MT and hop over as much of the gap as possible. You may need to slightly adjust your path to avoid the penguin.
- As soon as you land, immediately do a left-facing MT, and aim for the first corner of the next lap (on lap 3 or flap, aim straight for the finish line, and watch out for the gap corner on the left).
- MT around the corner. Do a left-facing MT, but this time quickly because you don't have the rocket boost. Continue the rest of the lap as normal.
- PAL Video (WR) - 1'56"15 (1'36"60) (download) by Michael Jongerius
- NTSC Video - 1'37"02 (download) by Luke Barnard
- Lap 2.
- Begin the lap at the appropriate time (~0:32.5-0:33.5 NTSC at WR pace) so that none of the penguins get in your way.
- Start the lap with an MT across the line.
- Shroom #1: Use this shroom to jump over more of the big gap. Start a shroomslide just before reaching the corner of the mountain. MT and jump over as much of the gap as possible. As soon as you land, immediately do a left-facing MT, and try to release it before the shroom wears off.
- Shroom #2: Same as the 3lap shroom.
- Shroom #3: After the second shroom, MT and then partially untilt or double-hop as normal. Then start a slide with the same angle as you would for the 3lap, and shroom as you land. Slide tightly around the rest of the turn, and MT as you leave the cave.
- PAL Video (WR) - 38"04 (31"64) (download) by Michael Jongerius
- NTSC Video - 31"74 (download) by Luke Barnard
|Mario Kart 64|
|Mushroom Cup: LR | MMF | KTB | KD|
|Flower Cup: TT | FS | CM | MR|
|Star Cup: WS | SL | RRa | BC|
|Special Cup: DKJP | YV | BB | RRo|