Koopa Troopa Beach
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Koopa Troopa Beach (KTB or KB) is Mario Kart 64's third course, and Mushroom Cup's third course.
- [flap shroom #1] Rocket boost, while holding right, and start a left-facing slide as soon as possible.
- Press left as you go over the small bump, and slide around the rest of the turn.
- Release the MT as the rocket boost wears off and aim for the next corner (see picture).
- You should come close to the rock on the left as you pass by.
- Common mistake: Releasing this MT too late or aiming too far left after releasing the MT.
- MT around the corner.
- Do a short left-facing slide as you approach the rock that's sticking out.
- [flap shroom #2] Hop to the left as you pass by the rock that's sticking out sharply (to stay tight), into a long slide around the rest of the turn. Or if you time it right, you can hop over a little of the rock.
- Release the MT and drive over the rock on the left with part of the kart (half or less), and onto the open sand, aimed for the next corner (see picture).
- MT around the corner (release the MT at or slightly after the corner).
- Aim 1-2 kartlengths to the right of the rock. If you're too close to the left, it'll be hard to take the next turn tightly.
- MT around the turn (don't hit the ramp).
- Slower strat: Ideally you want the MT to be fast, but if you're having trouble, take it a little slow.
- Aim to the left of the tree, and do a left-facing SSMT as you pass by, and aim for the corner of the third ramp.
- If you're aimed too far to the right as you approach the tree, don't re-aim the kart. Just SSMT around the tree.
- MT around the ramps. Start the MT about halfway between the first and second ramps.
- Common mistake: Starting this MT too late will cause you to go too far left before the tunnel ramp.
- If that last MT was tight, you should be coming from the right, so aim for the right side of the ramp. If that last MT was wide, then you can aim for the middle of the ramp.
- Start a slide just before you reach the ramp, and slide up the right side of the ramp, angled slightly to the left, without changing the smoke to yellow (see picture). Finish the MT as fast as possible after landing in the cave.
- As you enter the cave, you want to come as close as possible to the left side of the cave entrance.
- Alternate strat (same speed): Start the MT slightly earlier, change the smoke to yellow just before leaving the ramp, and finish the MT in the tunnel (useful if you find yourself often hitting the right wall in the cave).
- Slower strat: If you're having trouble with this MT, then just drive normally up the ramp, and hop from the top of the ramp into the tunnel.
- MT out of the tunnel, and inside both trees.
- Slower strat: If you have trouble going inside both trees, you might find it easier to go inside one of them.
- [flap shroom #3] Hop about twice, to stay close to the wall on the left, and shroomslide around the turn. Hold the slide for awhile, and release the MT as the shroom wears off.
- How far to the left or right you want to be depends on where the water is. You want to take as straight a path as possible towards the first turn of the next lap, without going through too much water (but going through a little is ok).
- Right-facing SSMT.
- Start another right-facing SSMT as you cross the finish line, or a little before.
- If you're having trouble with this SSMT because of the sloped ground, turn a little to the left before you start it.
- Hop from the dark sand to the light sand to start an MT around the first turn.
- It's easier to charge the MT quickly if you're farther to the right when you start the MT.
- PAL Video (WR) - 1'35"91 (1'19"77) (download) by Michael Jongerius
- NTSC Video - 1'19"79 (download) by Troy Ullman
- Lap 2.
- Begin the lap at the correct time (27.5 / 34.2 / 40.9 NTSC, 33.1 / 41.1 / 49.2 PAL at WR pace, or earlier if you're slower than WR pace).
- Start the lap with an MT across the line (about 2-3 kartlengths to the right of the finish line pole).
- Shroom #1: Start a shroomslide just after crossing the line. Slide around the turn and release the MT in the same way as you would for the 3lap.
- Shroom #2: Hop to the left as you pass by the rock that's sticking out sharply (to stay tight), into a slide. Shroom as you pass the next (non-sharp) angle made by the rocks. Slide around the rest of the turn, into the open sand, in as straight a path as possible towards the next corner. Release the MT at or slightly after the corner, as you would for the 3lap.
- Shroom #3: Same as the 3lap shroom. If you timed it correctly, you should go through a little water as you release the MT at the end of the shroom, and a little water as you reach the finish line.
- PAL Video (WR) - 30"92 (25"72) (download) by Michael Jongerius
- NTSC Video - 25"82 (download) by Karlo Tomazelli
|Mario Kart 64|
|Mushroom Cup: LR | MMF | KTB | KD|
|Flower Cup: TT | FS | CM | MR|
|Star Cup: WS | SL | RRa | BC|
|Special Cup: DKJP | YV | BB | RRo|