Mega Man X2
Speed Run Strategies
- Introduction Stage
- Wire Sponge (Heart and S-Tank)
- Wheel Gator (Arm upgrade and Heart)
- Bubble Crab (Heart and S-Tank)
- Flame Stag (S-Tank and Heart, Fight Agile)
- Morph Moth (Body upgrade)
- Magna Centipede (Heart and S-Tank)
- Crystal Snail (Heart and Head upgrade, fight Serges w/ Silk Shot)
- Overdrive Ostrich (Heart and Leg upgrade, fight Violen)
- Morph Moth <revisit> (Heart)
- X-Hunter Stage 1
- X-Hunter Stage 2
- X-Hunter Stage 3 (Shoryuken upgrade)
- 8 Bosses
- Sigma Stage
Completing Wire Sponge's stage ASAP is imperative. The S. Chain can be used to cling onto the wall which leads to X's Arm upgrade. In later stages, it can be used to grab S-Tanks and Hearts with a fully charged shot.
The Shoryuken attack can only be obtained in X-Hunter Stage 3 after collecting all hearts, S-Tanks, and upgrades. After executing this move, if it connects with an opponent, it will severly damage or kill the enemy (including bosses and Sigma). This move can only be executed if X has full health and is necessary for a fast time.
Serges is weak to Silk Shot only in Crystal Snail's stage. It should make the fight go fast.
As far as anyone knows, collecting all the items in the game except for the Zero parts is the fastest way to go.
- Mega Man X2 Speedruns (Hosted by the SDA)