Axel Z is a Swedish Eliter who joined the community in early 2006. Since then, he has been one of the league's most dedicated members and most consistent PR-setters.
Axel's consistent dedication to Goldeneye finally saw him reach the Top 10 in August of 2011, more than 5 years after he submitted his first times. He also peaked the very same month: ranked 8th and scoring just above 5300 points on the World Rankings.
Axel achieved 8 WRs in his career and appeared on half of the game's leaderboards*. His best level has traditionally been Aztec. In January 2014, he achieved what was probably his best time in Aztec Agent 1:28, which was the 4th fastest time ever when set.
- All the levels Axel has been on the leaderboard i.e. the Top 10: Dam, Silo, Archives, Streets, Depot, Train, Jungle, Control, Caverns and Aztec.
LTK, DLTK and Turbo
Axel has been active in the GE side-leagues:
In Turbo Mode, Axel achieved 3 WRs of which 1 still stands (Runway Agent 0:11).
But he made most impact on the DLTK-rankings where he currently is ranked 9th, has beaten 16 levels and having achieved 14 World Records in the process, 12 of which were untied WRs.
Axel submitted his first Perfect Dark times in March of 2010. He has since achieved a decent amount of times enough to place him as high as 18th on the World Rankings, his point-peak being 4717. Axel is currently ranked 21st.
One of Axel's favorite levels used to be Mr. Blonde's Revenge (before Trent came up with the Defection-like strat) and he even managed to secure a leaderboard position (7th, to be exact) on that stage, despite barely being in the Top 100 at the time. On April 28th 2015, Axel obtained his first untied WR in MBR PA 1:22 and was briefly ranked 1st on that stage, having swept it with the-then WRs 1:10/1:13/1:22. Axel also earned himself a sweep on Duel in October 2013 and later appeared on the Escape and Pelagic II leaderboards. Axel considers Extraction, one of his better levels, to be his favorite level in either game.
In PD's LTK Mode, he picked up the Duel, two Mr. Blonde's Revenge UWRs and the Attack Ship WR. In the DLTK mode, he held the untied WR on Mr. Blonde's Revenge for a while with 2:01, 1:53, 1:32 and 1:26 respectively, as well as one tied and two untied records on Air Force One. He currently holds the untied WR on Escape with 4:37.
Axel became the 2nd player in Elite history (only after Bryan Bosshardt) to beat all LTK levels in both games and was the Rare LTK champion for some time. He used to be the only player to have all 123 PRs proven by video and linked to the rankings and has proven virtually all his PRs since 2007.
On the Rare Ranks, Axel is ranked 11th in points and 8th in time. In October 2014, he became the 8th person ever to get a rare total time below 3 hours.
Other Gaming Contributions
Axel is the pioneer of 100% runs and held the original World Record of 1:23:11 achieved on July 2nd, 2008, years before 100% runs became a phenomenon with Twitch and streams. He was also the first to use the "Depot 00A Pause Strat" which has been used by other players since. One of his last GE PRs, Aztec SA 1:39, saw Axel use the Agent guard lure, another strat first executed by him. It remains the fastest time achieved with a grenade used in the exhaust bay, though other top players has since used a modified strat of the infamous Agent glass lure; Rayan Isran even untied it with 1:34.
- (In)famous for his ranking-perfectionism. Nowadays he has a much more light-heartedly view of the rankings, but he still maintains it by adding and editing videos and times.
- Has the most amount of times (as well as videos) posted on the rankings: 1434 (610 for GE and 824 for PD).
- Is the most active user on the Elite Forum.
- Became the 36th member of The Rare 3:30:00 club.
- Is one of the very few who has ever pulled of the "Woll Shot".
- His run of Cradle Secret Agent 0:39 is considered one of the weirdest and most unique Goldeneye runs of all time.
- His Swedish untieds were Silo 00 Agent 1:34 followed by 1:33 and Aztec Agent 1:28. The latter two also happened to be untied European records.
- WR Total: GE Normal Mode: 8 (0). GE LTK: 2 (1). GE DLTK: 14 (12). PD Normal Mode: 8 (1). PD LTK: 4 (3). PD DLTK: 14 (12). GE Turbo: 3 (0).
- For a considerable time, Axel was the only player in the world to be ranked inside the Top 10 (Top 8 to be exact) in all the 4 major Goldeneye leagues: Normal Mode, LTK, DLTK and Turbo Mode.
- Ironically, though Goldeneye being Axel's "main game", he has actually gotten many more Swedish/European untieds in Perfect Dark (largely because of MBR).
- Has met the following Eliters: Niklas Andersson, Chantal Akerman, Patrik Nilsson, Ilari Pekkala, Henning Blom, Wouter Jansen, Adam Bozon, Axel Andersson, Jim Söderlund, Trent Hovis, Marc Rützou, Eise Smit, Miika Pekkala, Emily Hirvelä, Jim Barrett, Adrian Axelsson, Stefan Persson, Henrik Norgren and Nick Rotmeyer.
- Has pretty much updated every bio on this very site.
- Axel has, like Elite historian/legend Greg Woll, added and linked loads of videos from other players to the rankings (currently over 5.000) and will continue to do so.
- Has assisted Greg Woll on numerous issues concerning Quentin Meunier's World Record Databases (reporting errors, incorrect dates, adding new features and (D)LTK databases, editing records etc) all to make Silver Angel's databases as up to date, complete and accurate as possible.
- Was the host for the Swedish meeting in 2008.
- Has been a rankings moderator since 2009 (considered by many to be the very best, albeit maybe too good) and was the sole updater of both the Goldeneye and Perfect Dark rankings for more than two years, until the excellence of Your Eliteness launched a completely new, automatic ranking system. Axel resigned as a Proof Moderator in January 2016 (having held that spot for nearly 6.5 years), but remains one of the ranking moderators.
- Used to run the "Video of the Day"-section on the top of the message boards.
Axel enjoys exploring the world. Has so far been to the following countries: Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Germany, Italy, USA, China (Hong Kong), Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Holland, Canada, Portugal, Spain, Andorra, Turkey, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Kenya, Tanzania and Singapore (airport only).
Axel also likes movies, books, sports and has a genuine interest in most topics especially if it's list and/or statistically-oriented. Axel is very much into obscure films from all over the world but is at the same time an huge Bond-fan (having read all the novels) and owns virtually every film on VHS, DVD and Blu-ray. His favorite directors are Hitchcock, Kubrick, Renoir, Buñuel, Ford, Bresson etc. He is also an element collector.