2008 Elite Summer Contest
The 2008 Elite Summer Contest was known as The Everyone Wins Edition. 2008 differed from the previous five Elite Summer Contests in that:
- The Contest field was expanded to 128 players
- Round One consisted of 32 four-way battles with only the winner advancing to a traditional 1 vs 1 format for the remainder of the Contest.
- With the field expanded, the Champs returned! (except Clark and Ngamer)
The Contest officially kicked off on Sunday, June 1st of 2008, following a Play-in on the previous day. To vote, Eliters should have sent the name of their daily choice to DK over AOL Instant Messenger at DKK5 or at DavidK519@gmail.com. If DK was involved in the match that day, or was offline, everyone sent their votes over to Ngamer.
To be eligible to vote, one of four conditions had to be met:
- Membership in the Goldeneye or Perfect Dark Elites.
- Membership in any NGC-Elites ranking.
- 100 posts on The Elite message boards.
- 20 hours logged in The Elite Chatroom.
Those not sure of their eligibility should have contacted Ngamer over AOL Instant Messenger at ImNgamer, or at firstname.lastname@example.org about their official status.
The Contest & Subcontests
- The Complete Bracket
- Main Bracket Predictions
- Contest Theme Music
- First Vote Competition
- European First Vote Competition
- Spread Betting
Wrapup & Statistics
This was octo's second straight Silver Medal, having missed out on the Gold by a single vote in 2007.
The complete listing of Contestant Biographies for 2008 is listed below.