2008 Karter Contest
Another even-numbered year, another contest.
This year the list of contestants is a record 140 karters! To help narrow this huge field down to a reasonable number quickly, we'll be having matches with more than 2 people in them for the first couple rounds.
- Round 1 will have 8-player matches. You can vote for your 2 favorites, and the 4 karters with the most votes will advance.
- Round 2 will have 4-player matches. You can vote for your 2 favorites, and the 2 karters with the most votes will advance.
- Round 3 and on will be a regular 1v1 bracket.
Rounds 1 and 2 will have 2 matches held per day. Round 3 will then be 1 match per day.
Voting will take place on the message board, or through email, MSN, and AIM. You must be a member of one of the Mario Kart Player's Pages, or a member of the message board with at least 50 posts, to be eligible to vote as of June 25, 2008. You are not allowed to vote in your own matches! Any vote abuse will result in a ban from the remainder of the contest.
- To vote on the message board, simply vote in the polls posted on the Karter Contest board.
- To vote by AIM, send your votes to SirBinroX.
- To vote on MSN or by email, send your votes to email@example.com.
The contestants have been divided into 16 groups of 8, plus 2 play-in groups. The play-in groups will have the first matches, and the top 2 players from those groups will move into the main tournament to fill in the 4 gaps.
- The groups for Round 1 can be seen here: Karter Contest 2k8 Groups
- After Round 1, the 64 players left will be shuffled into completely new groups of 4 people for the Round 2 matches.
- The groups for Round 2 can be seen here: Round 2 Groups
- After Round 2, the 32 players left will be placed in a traditional 32-man single elimination bracket.